The Greater Port Jefferson Chamber of Commerce is a member non-profit organization that is dedicated to establishing and maintaining itself as an advocate, voice, and resource for businesses in our community. We provide access to information and promote economic development and commerce.
WHY JOIN THE GREATER PORT JEFFERSON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE?
- Connections: Create strategic alliances and build lasting business relationships through networking, social media and events.
- Knowledge: Take advantage of professional development programming and educational seminars that are complimentary with membership.
- Credibility: Consumers are 63% more likely to buy and do business with those associated with a chamber of commerce.
- Representation: Become part of a collective voice of over 200 small business owners speaking out together to affect local, state and federal policy.
- Visibility: Be there when your potential consumers are searching for your specific service or product through the our business directory or the NEW smart-phone application, Chamber/Village App.
- Status: Become known as a community leader by participating in high-profile events and volunteer opportunities.
- Information: Receive weekly updates about local, state, and regional issues that will have an impact on your business.
- Growth: Gain new customers and grow sales through no-cost promotions like the Chamber’s on-line couponing program and discounted rates on local newspaper advertising.
- Savings: Member discounts.
- Good Citizenship: Be known as a home-grown business that is there for those who want to buy
WHAT IS CHAMBERISM?
Exceptionally talented, multi-tasking professional, capable of gracefully occupying no fewer than eleven simultaneous positions on the time-space continuum, event coordinator, marketing specialist, public relations and social media guru, psychotherapist, tour guide, media consultant, gracious liaison, volunteer tactician, all-around decent-if under-appreciated-human being, capable of warm smiles, firm handshakes, and sixteen-hour days.
The Chamber holds monthly meetings (4th Tuesday of each month) at Member businesses. The venue lends itself for networking, education about relevant business concerns, and updates on area happenings. There is usually a guest speaker and a full program. Guests and potential new members always welcomed.
As a Member of the Port Jefferson Chamber of Commerce, you are entitled to these benefits:
• Attend our free monthly Membership Meetings – Network with our Partners, enjoy our Professional Guest Speakers. Meetings alternate between mornings and evenings.
• List your business/organization on our website Member Directory with a direct link to your email and business website. We have over 30,000 hits to our website annually
• Post your special discounts on our website Member Discount page and in our quarterly newsletter
• List any special event you are sponsoring on our Calendar of Events page on our website and newsletter
• Market your business/organization by displaying your cards/business and promotional materials at the Chamber office, where we have thousands of visitors walking in our door each year
• Have your business/organization listed on the Port Jefferson Village Map, which is distributed throughout the local area to thousands of people
• Have any promotional material distributed at all of our Major Events & have the advantage of taking part in other promotional opportunities
• Invitations to participate in all Chamber Events such as our Health & Wellness Fest, Easter Parade and Egg Hunt, Fourth of July Parade (sponsored by the PJ Fire Dept), Port Jefferson Dragon Boat Race Festival, Santa Parade, and Sounds on the Sound, Food Crawls
• Receive Certificate of Origin documentation for your business
• Proudly display your business card to promote your company prominently in our Newsletter. Member’s cost is $75 per Newsletter or $250 per year, 4 produced annually
• Have a ‘Banner Ad’ of your business appear on the homepage of our website for global exposure. Member cost is $300 annually
• Sponsorship Packages available for all our events, entitling you to premium advertising on all banners, newspaper ads, flyers and more
• Chamber representation and liaison with public officials, including the PJ Village government with issues affecting small businesses
• Free year’s subscription to the Port Times Record & discounted advertising rates
Brookhaven Chambers of Commerce Coalition
Incorporated Village of Port Jefferson
Long Island Association
Discover Long Island
Long Island Seaport & Eco Center (LISEC)
Port Jefferson Business Improvement District (BID)
Suffolk County Coalition of Chambers of Commerce