The Greater Port Jefferson Chamber of Commerce is a member non-profit organization that is dedicated to establishing and maintaining itself as an advocate, voice, and resource for businesses in our community. We provide access to information and promote economic development and commerce.
The Chamber holds monthly meetings (4th Tuesday of each month) at Member businesses. The venue lends itself for networking, education about relevant business concerns, and updates on area happenings. There is usually a guest speaker and a full program. Guests and potential new members always welcomed.
As a Member of the Port Jefferson Chamber of Commerce, you are entitled to these benefits:
• Attend our free monthly Membership Breakfast Meetings – Network with our Partners, enjoy our Professional Guest Speakers and be a part of our monthly drawing to showcase your business.
• List your business/organization on our website Member Directory with a direct link to your email and business website. We have over 30,000 hits to our website annually.
• Post your special discounts on our website Member Discount page and in our quarterly newsletter.
• List any special event you are sponsoring on our Calendar of Events page on our website and newsletter.
• Market your business/organization by displaying your cards/business and promotional materials at the Chamber office, where we have thousands of visitors walking in our door each year.
• Have your business/organization listed on the Port Jefferson Village Map, which is distributed throughout the local area to thousands of people.
• Have any promotional material distributed at all of our Major Events & have the advantage of taking part in other promotional opportunities.
• Discounted Parking Smart cards for Port Jefferson Village.
• Invitations to participate in all Chamber Events such as our Health & Wellness Expo, Easter Parade and Egg Hunt, Fourth of July Parade (sponsored by the PJ Fire Dept), Green Fest , Port Jefferson Dragon Boat Race Festival, Santa Parade, and The Annual Charles Dickens Festival/House Tour.
• Receive Certificate of Origin documentation for your business.
• Proudly display your business card to promote your company prominently in our Newsletter. Member’s cost is $50 per Newsletter or $150 per year, 4 produced annually.
• Have a ‘Banner Ad’ of your business appear on the homepage of our website for global exposure. Member cost is $100 annually.
• Mailing labels for all Chamber members in support of your direct mail campaign – $50.
• Sponsorship Packages available for all our events, entitling you to premium advertising on all banners, newspaper ads, flyers and more..
• Chamber representation and liaison with public officials, including the PJ Village government with issues affecting small businesses
• Free year’s subscription to the Port Times Record & discounted advertising rates.
• Linked to the Chamber/PJ Village Mobile APP. Qualify for ‘Push Notifications’.
Every year, the Chamber organizes and presents a number of events to enhance the community as a whole and provide ways in which our members can be involved.
These events include:
– Easter Parade & Easter Egg Hunt – April
– 4th of July Parade (Sponsored by the Port Jeff Fire Department)
– Health & Wellness Fest – April
– Sounds on the Sound – June
– Port Jefferson Dragon Boat Race Festival – September
– Fall Self-Guided Artwalk – October
– Santa Parade & Visit – November
– Festival of Trees – December
– Food Crawls-October, January, February, & March
– Brookhaven Chambers of Commerce Coalition
– Incorporated Village of Port Jefferson
– Long Island Association
– Discover Long Island
– Long Island Seaport & Eco Center (LISEC)
– Port Jefferson Business Improvement District (BID)
– Suffolk County Coalition of Chambers of Commerce